Compact-type remelt plantsMelting furnaces
Here is a unique, integrated, continuously operated, fully automated solution. It starts with scrap handling and goes right through to cut-to-length, homogenized extrusion billets (logs).
The CTRP is ideal for you if you remelt your own turn-around scrap as well as scrap from the market to produce extrusion billets (logs).
- Scrap bin accumulator
- Charging and skimming machine
- Continuous three-chamber melting and casting furnace
- Inline degassing unit
- Horizontal or vertical casting machine with flying saw
- Continuous homogenizing furnace and air cooling station
- Weighing and bundling system
- Production range from 2,000 to 30,000 tons per year · Continuous, fully automated process integrating all production steps
- Little manpower required (2 men per shift including scrap handling, charging, casting, and packing)
- Low melt loss due to submersion melting process (<0.5% of charged metal)
- Low energy consumption
- Competitive investment cost
Many extruders opt for this furnace type to remelt clean profile scrap up to 7 m long at melt rates of approx. 3 tons per hour. To manage frequent alloy and log diameter changes, you can integrate a tiltable casting furnace plus a VDC casting plant.