Controlled Cooling Technology (CCT®)Electrical and automation systems
There are two versions of our CCT® system:
- The CCT® offline system for simulating the temperature gradient in the mill and calculating setpoints for the water cooling boxes and blowers.
- The CCT® online system for controlling the given parameters by performing online changes in the water cooling box and blower setup.
- Process simulation for technologists in wire rod mills, bar mills and combination mills
- Applicable to any mill
- System runs on any office PC (USB, Ethernet, OS, Win XP)
- Simulates different cooling strategies
- Integrated layout and roll pass design
- Integrated database for steel grades (can be modified and expanded by user)
- Integrated local database for cooling programs and simulation parameters
- Integrated data exchange interface to existing database or automation system
- Integrated indicative microstructure model (CCT plots)
- Closed loop temperature control
- Adaptation to changing process parameters for cons-
tant material properties
- Max. 5 cooling lines per roll path
- Integrated alert signals
- Can be applied to any mill
- Uses standard interfaces: Profibus and OPC
Closed loop control between MEERgauge® and PSM®
Combining the highly dynamic control system and true-shape measuring unit ensures fully automatic rolling of the 3-roll block with the advanced diameter measurement gauge. Plus, it requires no intervention from the operator.