Computational Fluid DynamicsSimulation Services
CFD simulations are an indispensable tool for the design of plants, processes and development of new technologies. Due to the enormous increase in computer power, the continuous development of algorithms, and the in-depth knowledge of metallurgical processes, high-temperature phenomena can now be simulated very accurately.
The following examples demonstrate the high potential of CFD for analyzing and optimizing metallurgical processes. Different types of fluid flows can be analyzed, such as
- Transient, turbulent, compressible/incompressible flows.
- Non-isothermal flows, considering heat conduction, convection, radiation, and chemical reactions.
- Multi-phase flows with phase boundaries (e.g. between melt, slag, gas), phase transformations (melting, solidification, evaporation) and particle/bubble loading.
- Melt flows affected by electromagnetic fields.
SMS group has about 20 years of experience in CFD and offers:
- CFD as a service for internal and external customers.
- Fluid- and thermodynamic analyses and optimization of plant components for the steel and non-ferrous metal industry.
- Latest numerical methods, state-of-the-art CFD tools, high computing power, and quick project handling.
SMS group GmbH
: +49 211 881 4496
Prof. Dr. Hans-Jürgen Odenthal
SMS group GmbH
Head of Flow Simulation, Structural Analyses and Materials Technology
: +49 211 881 4143