Focus on hot rolling strip and plate
Still relevant, despite lighter-weight alternatives such as aluminum and magnesium, steel remains the most commonly used construction material of our time. The unique combination properties of its chemical components along with new processing technologies allow the composition of ever more effective grades. Driving this demand is especially the “changeover in energy policy” that calls for not only lightweight construction steels, but also new methods of power generation.
This training teaches you in-depth know-how about the basics of materials technology for manufacturing innovative steels as well as about the various manufacturing processes themselves. Furthermore, you learn how to compare European standards with other standard systems and what to look out for in particular.
The learning units (2 days):
- Basics of material properties of steel (solidification, conversion)
- Ways of achieving the required properties
- New approaches in the simulation of property changes
- Introduction to the specifics of practical implementation in hot rolling
- Modern plate materials
- Manufacturing high-strength automotive grades
- Comparison and interchangeability of international steel materials
German Courses (No. 1061):
January 19 - 20, 2017(Closing date for reservation: December 22, 2016)
English Courses (No. 1060):
March 2 - 3, 2017(Closing date for reservation: February 2, 2017)
SMS group GmbH - Hilchenbach
Engineers, foremen, mechatronics technicians, metallurgists and/or R&D staff, technologists in the steel processing industry, steel purchasing staff
No specific previous knowledge necessary.
You'd like to have more information about this training?Contact