Hot rolling mills for copperHot rolling
Whether you deal with copper, brass, bronze, or any other copper alloys - our hot rolling mills are first choice for a whole range of materials and dimensions. Equally important reasons for choosing our plants are their high productivity and strip quality in terms of flatness and thickness tolerances. So you get machines equipped with modern rolling technologies such as CVC® plus work roll shifting or hydraulic roll adjustment. Combined with our X-Pact® automation, they guarantee excellent results.
- Integrated solutions consisting of mechanics, electrics, and automation
- The benefits of long-term experience with X-Pact® world-leading automation
- Energy distribution and drive systems
- The only genuine future-proof automation system
- Control stations designed around the operator
- Innovative HMI system for production-centered operation
- Plug & Work integration test, process and production simulation, near-reality 3D visualization
- All-inclusive modernization
- International setup
Products and solutions for copper hot rolling millssolutions
Our specialists in electrics, automation, technology, and mechanics work hand in hand to ensure your systems function smoothly. That’s how we create intelligent, market-centered solutions that boost your production.
This approach not only drives our technological solutions. It’s also to your advantage because our entire scope of supply and services – from plant engineering to process engineering, electrics and automation, manufacturing, assembly, Plug & Work testing, commissioning, right through to after-sales service – is geared to your specific requirements.
The cooperation between MMK and SMS on caster No. 6 established a strong team spirit that achieves top plant performance. Together they formed an alliance to which both contribute their respective strengths for joint success.
With regard to costs, the SMS maintenance team realizes a benefit of more than 15% of the life cycle costs in the annual maintenance budget compared to equivalent plants in the MMK group. Therefore in 2014, MMK extended the cooperation on caster No. 6 by three more years.
- Trouble-free operation of the continuous caster No. 6 since April 2012 (a unique milestone under given conditions)
- Ramp-up curve: 33% better than planned
- Plant availability: 86%