Here is a truly innovative leap forward in the production of longitudinal seam welded pipes. The PERFECT arc® digital process from SMS group offers huge energy savings, perfect weld seam quality, and improved pipe quality.
Compared to conventional welding processes, PERFECT arc® is 50 percent faster in tack-welding and 20 percent faster in submerged-arc welding. This can directly result in a more than 20 percent increase in welded pipe production by a spiral or long-seam pipe plant. What's more, it achieves energy savings. That's because the digital current source secures precise power supply control, which leads to energy cost reductions of more than 30 percent compared to conventional welding techniques.
PERFECT arc® offers you numerous benefits:
- Instead of thyristor current sources, a fully digitalized current source is used
- The result is a "perfect arc" that reacts fast and can be precisely controlled at any time
- 50 percent quicker with tack-welding and 20 percent faster with submerged-arc welding.
- Energy costs can be reduced by more than 30 percent
- Electric efficiency ≥90% with uniform load on electricity network