Precise, fast and reliable. The X-Pro laser welder from SMS group for continuous production of difficult-to-weld steel grades.
There are good reasons to decide for our welding machines. One major advantage is that they enable you to process – and cold-roll – even difficult-to-weld steel grades on continuous strip processing lines. Take for instance the pickling line and tandem cold mill at Hyundai Steel PLTCM. It’s a standard procedure there to weld together martensitic steel grades (MS-W1200) before rolling with high reductions. SMS welders also join steels with a silicon content of 1.2 percent and higher. Further impressive advantages are the short machine cycle time of less than 60 seconds, plus simple operation with reproducible results. You also benefit from great flexibility because you can choose the welding source to suit your requirements. That could be a conventional CO2 or a solid-state laser source.
The September/October 2017 edition of Industrial Laser Solutions, the leading international trade magazine for laser technology, includes an application report on our X-Pro® laser welder. The article offers an impressive insight into our machine and highlights our core areas of competence: digitization, operability and serviceability, availability as well as revamp capability when replacing old welding machines.
- Continuous production of difficult-to-weld materials (martensitic, high-carbon/silicon)
- Automatic calculation of welding parameters for every material pairing
- Patented inductive heat treatment of the weld seam (pre and post-heating)
- Integrated, automatic weld seam and heat treatment quality assurance system
- Cycle time below 60 seconds
- Easy, safe, and repeatable operation
- Compact design with simple foundations → perfect for revamps.
- Easy scrap handling
- Rapid knife cassette changing
- Freely selectable welding source
|Cycle time||58 sec|
|Strip width||500 - 2,500 mm|
|Strip thickness||0.8 - 8.0 mm|
|Knife service life||> 10,000 cuts|
|Welding source||CO2 or solid state|
|Si content||up to 1.5 % (rollable)|
|Mn content||up to 3.5 % (rollable)|