SMS group revamped the automation system of the Steckel mill of Shandong Taishan Steel Group Co. Ltd. to increase the production capacity from 600,000 to 1.8 million t/year.
SMS group supplied the complete X-pact® electrical and automation systems, including the control systems and process models as well as important mechanical core components, and was also responsible for the supervision of installation and commissioning. A new HMI system and new control pulpits make for an ergonomic operating process. The supply scope also included medium-voltage converter systems for the main drives of three new finishing stands and low-voltage converter systems for the main drive of the new second coiler.
- Complete new Level 1 and Level 2 automation systems for the complete mill, i.e. for the existing roughing and Steckel stand, for the three new finishing stands, the new reinforced laminar cooling, for the existing coiler #1 and for the new coiler #2
- New main drive equipment for the new installations
- New CVC®plus work roll shifting systems and bending system for the Steckel mill
- New PCFC process models
- Steckel looper pinch roll unit
- New reinforced laminar cooling system