Responsible for the complete package, we supplied the world’s most powerful PL/TCM to Russian steel producer Magnitogorsk Iron & Steel Works (MMK). Our customer uses the mill to produce a large range of products, from low-carbon to high-strength steels. The plant went on stream in May 2011. Particularly impressive is that this PL/TCM features the world's longest turbulence pickling line. The mill consists of five stands and is equipped with state-of-the-art rolling technologies such as:
- 4-high design with CVC® plus
- Positive and negative work roll bending
- Multizone cooling and DS system
- X-Pact® electric and automation system
- Inline strip inspection with Rotary Inspect
It achieves a maximum rolling force of 35MN. That makes it the most powerful TCM anywhere in the world.