The new CSP® Nexus plant combines high productivity with best product quality, ensuring homogeneous temperature distribution and competitive operational costs. These plant characteristics are well-known for SMS group’s thin slab casting and rolling technology CSP® (Compact Strip Production). The significantly increased slab thickness and the possibility of an independent roughing and rolling process enables a broader product portfolio, e.g. heavy gauge API grades. At the same time, the resulting higher throughput enables endless operation without inductive heating for the production of ultra-thin gauges.
- CSP® technology and references
- Big River Steel and the Learning Steel Plant
- CSP® Nexus: Portfolio
- CSP® Nexus: Plant technology
- CSP® Nexus: Operation modes
- First reference: SDI (Steel Dynamics Inc.), Sinton, TX (USA)