Our Belt Casting Technology (BCT®) is a further leap towards near-net-shape casting. What makes BCT® casters so special is that they handle alloys previously not suitable for continuous casting. Furthermore, the new technology also copes with crack-critical conventional steel grades impossible to produce by standard continuous casting.
- Stress-free strip solidification in horizontal direction - No bending or straightening
- Casting without powder - Steels with high aluminum content possible
- Traveling mold, no oscillation - Plane strip surface without oscillation marks
- Rapid solidification, high casting speed, low casting thickness - Fine-grain cast structure without risk of segregation
- Inert atmosphere and exclusively indirect cooling - No scale formation during the casting process
- Sufficient deformation at strip gauges of 8-20 mm - High-quality hot strip