In December 2016, the EAF shop and the CSP® plant started production with only 18 hours from first heat to first coil. Erection and cold commissioning of the CSP® plant had taken only for months. The ramp-up of the plant was the fastest in the first four months of operation. Already in November 2017, Big River Steel broke the one million mark of tons produced on CSP®. The last upstream plant to start operation was the RH degasser in June 2017.
- Erection and cold commissioning duration 7 months
- Erection and cold commissioning duration 4 months
- 1st melt, cast and coil on the 11th of December 2016
How we achieved this
- Plug & Work
- Area wise erection, I/O check and cold commissioning in parallel
- Excellent cooperation between BRS and SMS group