We were assigned with the job, modernized major parts, and equipped it with components that are more powerful. We were able to meet customer requirements and improved the product quality in terms of flatness, edge quality and geometry. Also we extended the product portfolio, the plant was able to produce.
Conversion of the finishing stand:
- New hydraulic adjusting systems for closest thickness tolerances
- New work-roll bending systems
- 3-point thickness and profile gage with integrated width measuring function
- Two roller tables to raise the production capacity during thermomechanical rolling.
- Update of level 1 and level 2 automation including X-Pact® pass schedule calculation (PSC®) and profile and flatness control (PCFC®)
New combined spray & laminar cooling system:
Replacement of the existing equipment by a system which combines spray cooling and laminar cooling.
The existing hot-plate leveler was relocated to the upstream side of the new plate cooling system. Serving as a pre-leveler, it removes flatness defects which may impair uniform plate cooling.
Hot-plate leveler for better flatness:
The hot-plate leveler will be of the 9-roll design to handle plates in thicknesses of 8 to 100 mm. The optimal leveling strategy for each plate wascalculated by our X-Pact® leveling model on the basis of the material properties and the plate geometry.
New double-side trimming shear for higher throughput:
New double-side trimmer operating to the rolling-cut principle. This cutting mode ensures extremely precise cuts and good edge quality. The new shear will be designed to perform up to 30 cuts/min.