And now for the exciting part: The digital twin offered by SMS group creates a bottom-line business advantage. Overall, when your digital solutions are implemented as part of a digital twin implementation, annual EBITDA increases of 6-8% are entirely within reach.
Looking at some concrete areas of application, it becomes clear how such impressive gains are almost unsurprising:
- Monitoring: The vast amount of information available and the ability to sort, structure, and visualize it according to roles and responsibilities, creates a view of the plant and its processes unprecedented in scope, depth, and clarity.
- Simulation: Testing and optimizing new products or processes in a digital twin simulation is faster, less resource-intensive, and lowers risk.
- Optimization: Being able to make changes to optimize the entire plant without interfering with production or risking machine failure is a huge win.
- Prediction: Using machine learning and artificial intelligence tools, critical aspects of processes, plant condition, availability, and product quality can be predicted and optimized.
- Training: The rich and comprehensive virtual replication of machines and processes is an ideal training environment that doesn't interfere with production, maximizes training time, and produces zero risk to active operations. We are taking a more in-depth look at the advantages of digital twin training in our Plug & Work article
Digital twins open up wide-ranging perspectives for optimizing metals production. They can be implemented regardless of the lifecycle phase of your plant - even as part of modernization or when replacing individual components. Contact your SMS group consultant or our digitalization specialists to talk about how you can benefit from digital twin technology.