It was 1871 when Carl Eberhard Weiss, a blacksmith born near Stuttgart, established a tool factory in the bustling city of Siegen. At 30 years old, he had been living in Siegen for only seven years, and we can only imagine what brought him there. Back then, the Siegen region was at the heart of Germany's steel and mining industry, attracting businesses from all over the country. With his wide range of devices, tools, machines, and small vehicles, Weiss quickly found a foothold in the region, soon providing products to the most renowned companies.
As time went on, Weiss's business grew, and he began to sell his products also to customers beyond Germany's borders. Carl and Ernst Heinrich Weiss, the sons of the company's founder, played a significant role in driving growth, in particular through the acquisition of other companies in the region. In 1927, the company made a strategic move into the future-oriented construction of rolling mills, and the headquarters were relocated from Siegen to the nearby town of Hilchenbach. As the 1930s rolled around, the third generation of the Weiss family took over the helm. Under the leadership of Bernhard Weiss, the company was given a name everyone still knows it by today in the Siegerland region. Shortened from its original form, it became a brand: Siemag.