for career starters
A passion for technology, the enjoyment of working in a team, the sense of achievement you get from good results, the thrill of spending time abroad – that’s what SMS group offers young people.
Whatever the level of education you intend to launch your career with – we provide fascinating variety and challenges unique to a global player in plant and machinery construction.Our apprenticeship program covers a wide range of exciting opportunities.
In the age of digitalization we are taking great steps in our evolution from a plant and machine builder to a smart systems supplier. Every day we work on the design and development of new solutions for our business and transfer our know-how to new product areas, what we call “New Horizon”. For this we need bright minds who accept this “Mission digital” from day one of their training, and who can work with us to develop creative ideas and translate them into teamwork. Training with us should be fun and stimulating. Because we want you to be interested and motivated when you come to work every day.
In our film for trainees, “Mission digital” (which is so far only available in German), we go in search of “Agents 4.0” who want to shape the digital future of our SMS group and contribute their ideas and creativity from the very first day of training. Our trainee agents show how it’s done in the film. You too can be an Agent 4.0 at SMS group!
We offer a wide range of exciting careers, from production and machine design, commercial operations, or working with IT systems. Check us out online and take a look at our YouTube channel "SMSAzubi”. Our 360 degree tour offers you an exciting insight into our LernWERK training center and our range of vocational training and apprenticeships. Get to know us personally and find out lots more at one of our many information events or as part of our cooperative programs with schools. Look forward to training in a high-tech company. We look forward to welcoming you.
Apply now for a training place in 2021!
Included among your benefits are ...
- Company health insurance
- Introduction seminars
- Excursions to other companies
- First-Aid instruction
- Prizes for good and very good final results
- University scholarships following apprenticeships
1. Prepare these documents:
- Covering letter1
- Your last two school reports1
- Certificates of internships or other activities1
- An expressive photo2
2. Select the apprenticeship you want under "Current job openings".
3. Double-click on the apprenticeship to see a brief summary of the profession. Click on "Apply" at the bottom of the page. This opens the online application form.
*1 = max. file size: 4 MB per file. Files can be in the following formats: doc, docx, pdf, rtf, ppt, pptx, jpg, xls, xlsx
*2 = max. file size: 4 MB per file. Files can be in the following formats: jpg, gif
4. Fill out the form completely and attach the above documents.
5. Submit your application online. We send you a confirmation of receipt. If we like your application, we’ll invite you to take a test.
6. Then, if your test result is positive, you can personally convince us of your qualities in an interview.
Anja de Koster
SMS group GmbH
Applications Hilchenbach & specialist internships
: +49 2733 29 2506
SMS group GmbH
Applications Mönchengladbach & specialist internships
: +49 2161 350 2036